Qualify for Inflation Reduction Act Tax Benefits with BGCI
By Wendy Salazar, IRA Compliance Director and Trey Camet, Construction Manager
Looking to take full advantage of Inflation Reduction Act (IRA) tax benefits for clean energy projects?
Federal funding through the IRA can offset the costs of your clean energy capital project. However, one of the requirements to qualify for tax benefits is to partner with contractors that are IRA compliant — like BGCI. We are one of the first private contractors in Louisiana to achieve compliance with the IRA’s requirements to:
- Pay Davis-Bacon Act prevailing wages
- Offer an apprenticeship program registered with the U.S. Department of Labor
Partnering with BGCI on your clean energy project can provide you with:
- Access to Funding: We are IRA compliant, clearing the path for our clients to qualify for IRA benefits.
- Operational Efficiency: IRA compliance necessitates improved processes, documentation, and reporting. In meeting the compliance regulations, we have proven our internal controls and processes are above standard. This is a benefit to our clients.
- Strong Values: IRA compliance supports regulations aimed at economic stability. Partnering with IRA-compliant companies is a demonstration that we and our clients prioritize responsible business practices.
- Long-Term Sustainability: A stable economic environment can lead to better planning, growth, and resilience against economic downturns, which can be a significant competitive advantage.
BGCI’s pile driving apprenticeship program was developed to support workforce development both internally and within our region. By offering a skills development program that pays apprentices while they learn, we can raise the bar for quality work while providing our co-workers with more options for career development. Now, this same program can also help our clients qualify for IRA tax credits.
Learn more about how we can help you navigate and fulfill IRA requirements. Contact us today.