Chevron Renewable Energy Group Expansion
BGCI is just months away from completing a site development, civil, and piling package for Chevron Renewable Energy Group’s renewable diesel expansion and improvement project in Geismar, Louisiana. Our scope of work includes:
- Demolition/excavation and removal of 30,000 cubic yards of concrete, 78,000 cubic yards of spoils, and 2,598 loads of contaminated materials
- Installation of 25,000 cubic yards of structural concrete, 270,000 square feet of paving, 3,000 tons of rebar, 5,500 linear feet of HDPE firewater piping, and 17,500 linear feet of stormwater piping
- Installation of 981 helical piles inside an active facility with limited access
- Installation of 1,560 pre-cast concrete piles
- Installation of 26,000 WF of engineered sheet piles
Construction began in October 2021 and is expected to wrap up in September 2023. The project will boost total site production capacity from 90 million gallons per year to 340 million gallons per year. Chevron Renewable Energy Group estimates the fuel produced at the plant will reduce CO2 emissions by up to 2.8 million metric tons annually.
Contact us today to discuss how we can bring more value to your next project.